Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: colur changes in glans

 vinrock - Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 am

i have noticed the colour change in bottom of my glans i.e greyish colour.. other parts are pink in colour
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 am

User avatar Hi Vinrock,

This may be due to some irritation of the area leading to an increased pigmentation of the skin. Sometimes this can be caused by a skin infection with a fungus (jock itch). It may also be caused by irritation from excess moisture or friction.

If the area increases in size or if it becomes irritating I would suggest you have it evaluated. if it is not changing and not bothering you it is reasonable to wait until the next time you are going to the doctor to have it evaluated.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us