Question: Penis Head Healing Question

crackalack - Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:32 pm

24/M

Well this is kind of embarrassing but I i seemed to have gave myself a blister on the part of the penis where the skin meets the tip.

I am quite certain its not any kind of disease, just over stimulation.

The skin part is healing fine but the tip is having trouble. I am trying to figure out how to dress it so that it doesn't rub up on things and get worse. I can't use gauss because as soon as it starts healing it heals into the gauss and taking it off is one of the most painful experiences I have had, and would prefer never to go through with ever again. I am not sure what the best way to go about this is. Its really sensitive and feels like its bruised pretty badly.

Should I just leave it open and wait for it to heal? Maybe use some ointment (neosporin)?

Thanks for your help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:42 pm

User avatar Hi Crackalack,

You may want to get a nonstick dressing rather than gauze. Your local pharmacy should have some like this. The come in the same types of pads as gauze pads (2X2, 4X4, etc.). These won't stick to the wound as it heals and allows it to continue to heal when changing the dressing rather than tearing off the area that has healed.

Generally, ointments such as neosporin are not needed. Sometimes these can actually cause a contact irritation so I generally recommend against them for most cases.

crackalack - Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 pm

I did that, but it still sticks. Not as much but it still tears a tiny bit off. I am not sure if i should just leave it undressed because once it dries it doesn't really bother me. The wound is in a rather precarious place. its right where the shaft meets the head and I can't help but feel that its having trouble healing. I'm not sure how long its supposed to take.