Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Peroid

Paranoidteen - Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi im 19 and something has changed about my vagina. Do they change at all during periods or pregnancy. Im really nervous that I might be pregnant because I slept with my boyfriend like a week ago. But I don't know. PLEASE HELP!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:31 pm

User avatar Hi Paranoidteen,

There are some changes in the vagina that occur with pregnancy but most are not noticeable directly. Without a bit more detail I'm not able to tell you much more.

If you are concerned about pregnancy, many home pregnancy tests are accurate during the 4th week after your last period, some are reported accurate several days before your next period would be due. If the test during the 4th week is negative and your period is delayed, a repeat test should be performed during the 5th week. At this point urine pregnancy tests are almost 100% accurate (not exactly 100% but close).

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us