Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: testosterone levels

 confused7 - Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:39 pm

Is there anything that you can take or purchase over the counter that will increase your testosterone level ?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:41 am

User avatar Some body builders use various supplements that are supposed to increase these hormones and result in increased muscle mass. These are marketed under many different names and they have not been well studied or proven to be effective. I would recommend you discuss your concerns with a doctor who may be able to prescribe something if your levels are low.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us