Question: Epididymitis issue

FiveSeven - Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:28 am

When I was 15, I had epididymitis (not sexually transmitted). At my final visit to the Urologist, I was told that there might be some "residual fluid" left in the testicle that was infected. I'm 20 now, and 5 years later the testicle that was infected is still the same size, much larger than the other. There isn't any pain, though it is a bit more sensitive than the other. When I was younger I just blindly believed the doctor and thought nothing was wrong, but I am questioning that now.

Is this at all normal? What can be done to fix this problem?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 am

It's quite normal for one testicle to be slightly larger
than the other, although the size and shape of each should be roughly the same. What would be important is if you noticed a change in size in one of your testicles.

If still in doubt that there is something wrong then consult your doctor who may decide to order a testicular ultrasound based on his examination.