Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Epididymitis issue

 FiveSeven - Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:28 am

When I was 15, I had epididymitis (not sexually transmitted). At my final visit to the Urologist, I was told that there might be some "residual fluid" left in the testicle that was infected. I'm 20 now, and 5 years later the testicle that was infected is still the same size, much larger than the other. There isn't any pain, though it is a bit more sensitive than the other. When I was younger I just blindly believed the doctor and thought nothing was wrong, but I am questioning that now.

Is this at all normal? What can be done to fix this problem?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 am

User avatar Hello,
It's quite normal for one testicle to be slightly larger
than the other, although the size and shape of each should be roughly the same. What would be important is if you noticed a change in size in one of your testicles.

If still in doubt that there is something wrong then consult your doctor who may decide to order a testicular ultrasound based on his examination.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us