Question: Embarassing erection....

blil r. - Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:51 am

Hello, I'm a healthy, straight, 34 year old male.

I have a very embarassing habit of getting an erection any time I go into a doctor's office for a physical. I can usually "delay" the erection through the abdominal exam, but by the time the doctor gets to the hernia/testicular exam, I have a partial or full erection.

It doesn't matter if the doctor is a male or a female. Is this a common occurance or am I plagued by some kind of weird physical or psychological affliction? All I know is that it is terribly embarassing. :oops:

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:33 am

User avatar Hello bill,
There is no need for embarassment. It's normal to get an erection in these situations. Its part of the normal reflex 'circuitry'. It does not represent your sexual affliction. Any doctor examing you will know this so just forget about it. Your embarassment and stress may actually increase it.
 blil r. - Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:55 am

Thank you, Dr. Fouad. That is very reassuring to know.

This is a great service you offer here. Thanks for taking your time to answer my question and the scores of others.

BR