Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Strange lump, not on testicals possibly on inner-penis?

 yuka - Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:42 pm

It's hard to describe specifically where this bump was found. Pimple sized, roughly. As you feel the penis where it connects to the pubis, and follow its structure beneath the skin until it slopes down with the pelvice, that's around where it is, looking at it, I'd estimate it to be maybe half an inch below where you'd see my penis.

The bump does not appear on the testicals. It is not visible. And does not cause any notable pain or discomfort. There's only 1 bump, on the left side, it feels as if it may be slightly firmer than the tissue around it, however it's difficult to determine as the tissue around it seems to move as I touch it, or the lump itself is something bendable.

I don't urinate or ejaculate blood, however ejaculate has been notably thick and globy at a reasonably consistant rate.

Mild testicular discomfort in the left side has been noted on rare occasion (ie. during a shower when being handled and hit by water) although never great enough to cause discomfort, and mild aches have been noticed in the left side of the pelvice on 'off' days. While rare, when it does occur, the pain worsens by things such as walking which might press up or irritate something in there, I've accounted it to muscle pain.

My body is functioning normally in all respects that I'm aware of, and it was only by chance that I found this. It's painless to handle, and mild pressure only causes a very minor, if any irritation to it which doesn't seem to radiate significantly.

Is it normal to have the odd lump within your internal body like that? Is this just a piece of my anatomy I'm proding at here, or should I begin seeking the help of a family doctor?

I take no medications. I have no history of genital related medical problems, and I can assure you that I'm clean of STD's (or STI's). Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:50 am

User avatar Hi Yuka,

What you are feeling may be a lymph node. There are several lymph nodes in the area you are describing. It may have become enlarged due to an infection at some point and simply remained slightly enlarged. When lymph nodes don't shrink back down to unnoticeable sizes, they still work properly, are generally painless and are generally mobile (i.e. you can move them around some).

I would suggest you have your doctor take a look at this the next time you are in.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us