Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Infertile male - Should i take testostrone pills?

mrcraigmack - Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 am

im a 19 yr old black male who have been trying to get my wife pregnant for atleast a year and still no go. i use to masterbate everyday 2-3 time since i was 14 and smoked alot of pot every day for about 3 yrs now. i stoppped all that for 3 months cause i thought that was the reason why and still no go. Should i get a sperm scheck or what ever it is called or just try more. Should i take testostrome pills to boost me up cause i think it is cause of that. i barely have facial hair cause of lack of testostrome right could that also be from too much masterbation. well looking forward to an response . thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:49 pm

I can assure you that the history of masturbation has not caused you to have a decrease of testosterone. If you have a hormonal problem, it would not be caused by that activity. I would not recommend anything you can buy over the counter to boost testosterone as I know of nothing available that truly is reliable. You must see a doctor to assess the need for hormones. You could see either a urologist or endocrinologist for that.

Drugs, alcohol and tobacco use may decrease a man's fertility so stopping these habits may help and it could take a little time for the effects to be reduced to non-use levels.

There are many causes of infertility so you may need to see a fertility specialist if your semen analysis is in the normal range but that would be a very good place to begin.

Good luck in this endeavor.