Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain During Sex

PresleyC5 - Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:23 am

I am a 19 year old female with severe endometriosis. I have always had severe pain during sex. My doctor said my pain was due solely due to my endometriosis and it would go away shortly after surgery. It has now been 9 months since my surgery and I still have the severe pain. It is not only a deep pain but around myvulva as well. Also, my partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months and have failed. Could this have something to do with my afore mentioned problem? Please Help!
-P.C. :x :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:43 am

User avatar Dear Presley,

Endometriosis is a major cause of infertility, so you will have to discuss this with your doctor and since you have a history of surgical interference, most probably, this could end-up in needing to have more surgeries in order to get pregnant. Even though, you have a clear cause of infertility, the workup will most probably conducted as usual, making sure that your partner does not have any problems, and that you don't have any other problems that could result in infertlity as well.

Regarding pain in the vulva during sex, you should be examined by your doctor to look for local causes like infected or inflammed cysts or others. You could have trauma and other causes. Endometriosis can sometime be occur in the vulva as well.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.