Question: Dry skin on penis?

donkee - Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:35 am

My boyfriend has recently complained that his penis head is very dry and although the skin does not appear scaly or cracked, there is a lot of 'white coating' when he pulls back his foreskin; this white coating does come off quite easily.
I suggested that he use Aqueous cream to wash the area with and to stop using any kind of perfumed soaps etc...However, the problem seems to be getting worse. He is a very clean person - showering at least twice daily and takes good care of himself.

More recently however, he has said the 'white coating' is getting worse and has begun to smell slightly. Also, he says there is a green type liquid around the area - I am not sure whether that is oozing from his urethra or not.

He is 38, asian, and has suffered with severe scalp problems for the past 5 or so years - very dry and flaky skin, for which he is using a medicated shampoo to no prevail.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:04 pm

User avatar Hi Donkee,

It sounds like your boyfriend may have a fungal infection of his penis. These frequently can occur under the foreskin because the area is moist (which fungus likes).

I would recommend he see his doctor for an evaluation and a proper treatment.