Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in Balls and Penis

 highlander005 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Today i was waiting in the car for mom to come out of the store, when all of a sudden pain shot up from my balls to my penis, it hurt like this for about two minutes, and if i touched either of them or moved, it only made it worse. Is this something i should be worried about, and what could it be.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:44 pm

User avatar Hello Highlander005,

It may be that you moved just right to trigger the nerve that supplies sensation to the penis/scrotum, similar to hitting your funny bone.

If the pain has subsided and has not returned it is likely nothing to worry about. If it continues to happen I would recommend you see your doctor and possibly a urologist.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us