Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Fiance has no sex drive

marydueck07 - Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:39 pm

My fiance and I have been living together for six months. At first he didn't want sex because he couldn't find a job. He said he felt he did'nt deserve it. Once he found a job we had sex only two or three times. Then he said he doesn't have the desire and he doesn't know why. He Says the thought of sex disgusts him. He has slightly high blood pressure and I just found out that he has had some traumatic experiences in his life, long before he met me.(not sexual) He says he loves me and wants to marry me but doesn't want sex till he can fix his problem. I have been supportive but want to know what else if anything I can do to help. We are both 36 yrs old.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
There is a good chance he has psychological issues and could benefit from counseling. You might consider a reputable sex therapist, but he should also have an evaluation by a medical doctor to rule out any physical causes. There may be some lack of testosterone that might be treated with medication. It is possible there are some self-punishing issues going on but the therapist can be helpful here too.

The best way you can support him is to assure him of your love and concern, show respect and appreciation to him and be patient.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us