Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: BROWN DISCHARGE DURING SEX

alzora - Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:51 pm

I AM 31 YEARS OLD. AFTER AN ANNUAL CHECK-UP IN NOVEMBER I WAS TOLD I HAD CHLAMIDIYA BU EVERYTHING ELSE WAS NORMAL. I WAS TREATED AND SO WAS MY HUSBAND. WE MADE SURE WE TOOK ALL THE MEDICINE AND DID NOT ENGAGE IN INTERCOURSE UNTIL THE TIME THE DOCTOR TOLD US WE WERE OKAY TO DO SO. WELL SINCE THEN AFTER MY MONTHLY I HAVE BEEN HAVING A BROWN DISCHARGE BUT IT ONLY COMES OUT WHEN I HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH MY HUSBAND. I HAVE JUST RECENTLY HAD ANOTHER MONLTHLY BUT THIS TIME WAS IT VERY DIFFERENT. THIS TIME THE BLOOD WAS A BURGANDY COLOR, NO CLOTS BUT A VERY FOWL SMELL LIKE SOMETHING DEAD AND EXTREMLY STRONG I HAD TO CHANGE MY SELF MORE THAN USUAL BECAUSE OF THE SMELL EVEN THOUGH THE DISCHARGE WAS VERY LIGHT. I DID NOT HAVE ANY CRAMPS OR OTHER PAINS...JUST EXTREMELY TIRED AND I FOUND IT VERY HARD TO CONCENTRATE AND FOCUS MY EYE SIGHT. I ALWAYS GET A HEADACHE AT THE END OF MY CYCLE SO THAT WAS NORMAL. WE TRIEDTO HAVE INTERCOURSE AGAIN TO SEE IF IT WAS GONE BUT THIS TIME IT WAS STILL BROWN BUT CREAMY AND THE SMELL WAS VERY LIGHT BUT STILL THERE. IT DOESN'T FLOW HEAVY I DON'T NEED A PAD BUT SOMETIME WHEN I URINATE IT FLOWS OUT. I AM CONCERNED AND I DON'T EXACLTY KNOW WHAT TO DO...WE HAVE STOPPED HAVEING INTERCOURSE UNTIL WE CAN GET SOME HELP. RIGHT NOW WHILE TYPING THIS MY PELVIC AREA FEELS LIKE I AM CRAMPING IN MY PELVIC BONE AND IN MY LOWER BACK. I HAVE 3 CHILDERN...AND I HAVE AND A STILLBORN. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS INFORMATION IS RELAVENT BUT JUST IN CASE. 'THANK YOU ALZORA
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:49 pm

A foul odor usually indicates some type of infection and you should see your doctor to determine if the chlamydia is resolved or if there are other infections. Your other symptoms could also suggest infection of some type. The brown discharge isn't alarming because it usually indicates old blood that was not completely discharged during the period. At any rate, you should see your gynecologist.