Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Period after Sex

JaneWebs - Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 pm

After I have sex with my boyfriend, I get my period (or spotting).

I am on birth control and I'm not suppose to be getting my period then.

Please Help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:43 am

It could be from some minor trauma. Did it seem like the sex was at all rough? It is also possible you need to have your birth control pill adjusted if you're spotting frequently. People vary in how they handle hormones in oral contraceptives and you may need a different strength.

It is also possible you could have some type of infection or cervical condition so if you have not had a recent checkup with your gynecologist, you should do that now. Even if you have been in recently, if this continues you want to check it out to be sure it is not something that needs treatment such as bacterial vaginosis, sexually transmitted infection, yeast, polyps, fibroid tumors or inflammation.