Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Pseudohermpahrodite: Fertile sperm?

KChase - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 pm

*I will refer to my significant other as a he, however, birth records would say he is a she.

My significant other is, we assume, a pseudohermpahrodite. Bloodwork would say that he is male because of the very high tesosterone levels. A previous, brief, and somewhat illegal doctor's visit with some bloodwork surprised the doctor when he said he was female because of the testosterone levels.
His outer genitalia is female, but he builds muscle like a male, and gender reassigned himself to a male. Based on the research i've done I have guessed that he possibley has testicles in his abdominal cavity. He has high sensitivity in his lower abdomen and becomes highly aroused when pressure is applied. We haven't explored this through a doctor any further, but we will in a few months when he turns 18 and we can get his less than supportive mother out of the picture.

My question is: If I was correct that he has testicles in his abdomen, is it possible that his semen can be produced through his female genitales and is it possible that the semen is fertile? Could he get a woman pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 am

User avatar This would be unlikely. Undescended testicles in an otherwise normally developed male usually results in infertility. If they are surgically repaired and brought down while young, fertility may be preserved. If pregnancy is desired in his female partner, it would be likely an artificial means might be required such as donor sperm.