Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Pseudohermpahrodite: Fertile sperm?

 KChase - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 pm

*I will refer to my significant other as a he, however, birth records would say he is a she.

My significant other is, we assume, a pseudohermpahrodite. Bloodwork would say that he is male because of the very high tesosterone levels. A previous, brief, and somewhat illegal doctor's visit with some bloodwork surprised the doctor when he said he was female because of the testosterone levels.
His outer genitalia is female, but he builds muscle like a male, and gender reassigned himself to a male. Based on the research i've done I have guessed that he possibley has testicles in his abdominal cavity. He has high sensitivity in his lower abdomen and becomes highly aroused when pressure is applied. We haven't explored this through a doctor any further, but we will in a few months when he turns 18 and we can get his less than supportive mother out of the picture.

My question is: If I was correct that he has testicles in his abdomen, is it possible that his semen can be produced through his female genitales and is it possible that the semen is fertile? Could he get a woman pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:46 am

User avatar This would be unlikely. Undescended testicles in an otherwise normally developed male usually results in infertility. If they are surgically repaired and brought down while young, fertility may be preserved. If pregnancy is desired in his female partner, it would be likely an artificial means might be required such as donor sperm.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us