Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Boil on Breast

BITTERSWEET - Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:38 pm

I have had a boil? under my left breast for about a month now. It hasn't changed(just a small red bump). I awoke this morning and it was very painful so I checked it. It has gotten alot bigger and has a large hole in the middle and it has bloody muscus draining out. Is this normal for a boil? I've never had one before. Is there anything that I can do for it or let it heal on it's own?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:39 pm

User avatar Hi!

If the boil has developed into an abscess it is time for drainage, and antibiotics, if necessary. You may also want to check your blood glucose, since diabetics tend to have more of skin infections.

bill
 Keli - Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:47 pm

I just recently decided to try to figure out these very large red sores I would call them under my breasts. I looked at this post and it fits it exactly, except mine only take about 3 days if that to open. They leak a pus mixed with blood and unfortunatly have left numerous scars under my breasts.
is there a way to home treat this?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us