Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Foreskin hurts during and after sex

jstrines - Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi There,

Just recently my foreskin has started to hurt during and after sex. My forskin has what looks like scratches on it. When I pull it back it feels like someone is ripping my foreskin apart. Once the foreskin is back it is fine.

I also have a white band round the tip of my foreskin but this has been there for a few years, it went away and then has just came back.

Cheers.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

User avatar Hello Jstrines,

It sounds like you have some irritation of your foreskin causing the small cracks. These type of cracks can be quite painful. Basically, they're like small paper cuts that are reopened everytime you pull your foreskin back and cause the skin to tighten up.

Occasionally, the irritation can be due to excess moisture or even some contact irritation from a new soap, etc.

These tend to heal if the inciting irritation is relieved. Also, using a moisturizer may help some.

If this does not begin to improve I would recommend you see your doctor.

Best wishes.
 jstrines - Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:58 am

Hi There Dr Chan,

Thanks for that I will try moisturizer.

What about the white band round the top of my foreskin. The white band looks like my skin is pale as if the blood has drained from it.

Thanks
 jstrines - Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi There Dr Chan,

I have been using lubricant that has a moisturizer in it and it has been helping.

What about the white band round the top of my foreskin. The white band looks like my skin is pale as if the blood has drained from it.

Thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us