Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Red dots on calves (especially after shower)

meeh - Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Hi,

I have lots of tiny red/purple dots on my legs (they are more obvious on my hair follicles but actually the whole leg is red especially the lower part) after I take a shower, or after I sit for a while. but when I put my legs up on my bed, or after I wake up, or exercise, they disappear, but they come back again whenever I start to stand. its pretty embarassing since its too unsightful for me to wear short pants or even skirts. What is my problem? I did some research on the internet, I thought they are caused by KP, i bought a lot of KP products, but they dun seem to work for me? But then I dun think KP would make ur skin (other than the hair follicles) actually turn red/purple? The condition is even worse in winter. Please help!! I didnt have sth like this when I was young, i started to hv this when I was around 14-15, and now I'm 21!

Thanks a lot.
 meeh - Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:24 pm

for your information, my legs n toes are little swollen (especially toes) when they appear red. what could be the problem? anything wrong w/ my blood circulation?
 kara - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:30 pm

i have red dots, they don't hurt, they are just unsightly. They appeared about four years ago when i was fifteen, im about to be twenty. I have found that using neosporin or bacitracin helps on damp legs. I don't know what causes them, and i don't know anyone else besides my brother who has them. Please help!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us