Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: DISCHARGE

DIANE0172 - Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:40 pm

Can a man discharge from his penis without sexual arousal and without recent sexual contact ?
 Carolyn - Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:41 pm

Honey you don't need a doctor for this answer. After 35 years of marriage I feel qualified to answer. LOL
Men have glands that produce lubrication similiar to women. They certainly can have discharge from these glands. It is not usually noticed very often because it is washed away with urine production. However, with slight stimulus of the penis you may notice a thin clear discharge without the penis being erect. This is normal and nothing to worry about. However if the discharge is bloody or foul smelling, then this is a sign that there is something else going on such as an infection. The doctor may give you a more medical explanation later on. Hope this helps.
 DIANE0172 - Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:39 pm

I would really appreciate a doctors reply to this message. Discharge I am talking about is without any kind of stimulation manually.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:53 pm

User avatar DIANE0172,
I agree with Carolyn's assessment. It would be better if you could be more specific in your description. Is this discharge transparent or not? Is this a continuous problem? Men discharge after sexual stimulation which does not have to be manual. It could very well be visual or even imaginary. The discharge in this case is transparent and clear without any associated foul odour.