Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: lump on penis shaft when erect

swordsman - Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:35 am

I am a 41 yo male. Monogamous except for 2 incidents 2 months and 1 yr ago. A month ago I noticed a lump on my penis while masturbating. It is about the size of a large bb or maybe a small pea and it is on the shaft about a finger width from the head on the side. It is beneath the skin surface and has no sensation it is just there. It toatally disappears when flaccid and cant be seen or felt. I don't think this is an STD becaue it doesnt present like any std i have read about but I am still concerned about it nevertheless.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 pm

User avatar Hello Swordsman,

From your description this does does not sound like an STD. This may be a clogged skin pore or gland that has become filled with debris. If it does not get better in the next few days or if you notice this is getting worse (larger, painful, etc.) you should have it checked out.

Best wishes.
 swordsman - Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Dr Chan,
Thanks for the response. Well it hasnt gotten worse but has not gone away either. I thought it was gone but is still there but it is smaller. When you said debris what type of gland and what type of debris are you referring to? Thanks for your thoughts.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us