Question: Penis ripped

leo72707 - Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:25 pm

The part of my penis right behind the hole ripped and it has been swollen for about two months now will it ever heal?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:58 pm

User avatar Hello Leo72707,

This area of the penis (known as the frenulum) is an area that is vunerable to trauma and can become torn. Generally it heals well. If this has not improved over 2 months I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. It may be that there is continuing trauma to the area causing it to reopen. It may also be that there is a smoldering infection that is inhibiting healing.