Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis ripped

 leo72707 - Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:25 pm

The part of my penis right behind the hole ripped and it has been swollen for about two months now will it ever heal?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:58 pm

User avatar Hello Leo72707,

This area of the penis (known as the frenulum) is an area that is vunerable to trauma and can become torn. Generally it heals well. If this has not improved over 2 months I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. It may be that there is continuing trauma to the area causing it to reopen. It may also be that there is a smoldering infection that is inhibiting healing.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us