Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: HRT and Vegetable Oils

grimshade - Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello I've been placed on HRT and I was wondering what happens to the vegetable oil in an intramuscular injection? Does it have any benefits to the muscle tissue or body? Or is it more load for the liver or kidneys? Thank you for taking your time to read this, I appreciate your time and efforts.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Some medications need to be transported in oil because they are not soluble in water. The ideal preparation for maintaining the proper pH and for delivery into the body is chosen for each medication. I know of no adverse effects to liver, kidney or tissue due to the oil emulsifier.