Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pimple lookin bump in groin area of the penis.

hansell20 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:27 pm

I am a 20 year old currently active with a stable partner but before that i had sex with another partner without protection and i have notice this bumps on the groin area not on the penis and some times this pimple lookin bumps are on the inside of the skin and you can only feel the bump but sometimes the bump will be noticeable and red, and it does hurt, when i pop it white stuff comes out like if it was a pimple then blood comes out.I have been getting this like 3 month ago they come only one at the time but quite frequently. I have no discharge no odor but it is concerning me i got a Hiv test done i came out clean but i havent gone to get an std the reason im saying this is because my current partner had a std test done like 2 months ago n she came out clean so i don't know what could this be any help will be appreciated thank you . By the way i have a pic don't know how to post it or if you can post it???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:16 am

User avatar Hello,
Some bumps and skin variations are quite normal. I would advise first leaving it alone (no squeezing or picking) to see if it goes away. Even if it doesn't that does not mean it is a problem, but it can be analyzed better if it has not been irritated by you. Squeezing can lead to infection. Not knowing the sexual history of your past partner of course leaves you somewhat vulnerable to STI so it doesn't hurt to be tested to be sure anyway.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us