Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Bump just above my vaginal area.

dancergirl552001 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:32 pm

About four months ago a bump showed up on the lower left side just above my vagina. It's the first time i've ever had one but it wont go away and it keeps getting bigger.I popped it and puss with a mixture came out. But now when I try to pop it nothing happens. It is very painful when I touch it. it's red and has a little white on it with a little tiny black dot on it. about dime size. I'm very scared, please help me.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm

There are some very harmless things that can result in such a lump. You could have an infected follicle or even a bartholin or sebacious cyst. Neither of these things is serious but you may want to see a doctor to be sure we are guessing correctly.

It is important not to squeeze them and if they do not go away or interfere with your life, you can have them removed by a doctor, though they sometimes come back.

If you are sexually active there is always the risk of sexually transmitted infections and any time you have a bump or lump it is wise to have it checked out with a health care provider. I would not be alarmed, but it is wise to be sure of the diagnosis.

For the discomfort, you may find that warm, moist packing with a clean washcloth may help or even soaking in a shallow, warm bath.