Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Help with Testicular Pain

bmuller - Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:11 pm

Hi,

I am a 21 year old male who has been experiencing pain in my upper left testicle area and in the area at the base of my pelvis. I began experiencing the pain about 48 hours ago. (Incidentally shortly after sex) I also ran a cross country race in very slick conditions in the morning, and might have twisted or pulled something and not noticed it. It was sharp, and was made worse by walking, and was quite sensitive to the touch. I had epidiymitus last year, but the pain is different, their doesnt appear to be a swelling of the epidydimus, and I havent had any fevers or sick feelings. In the last twelve hours, a dark bruise has formed on the outer portion of the upper area of my scrotum. My question is should I be concerned about whats happening? Or should I simply take ibuprofin and wait for it to get better? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!

-Bernie
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:12 pm

User avatar Hi!

It is always good to check your problem with an expert. A surgeon or uroloist would probably help. The pain needn't be of the same quality as you once suffered in epididymitis. I still feel this could be another episode.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us