Question: Help with Testicular Pain

bmuller - Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:11 pm

I am a 21 year old male who has been experiencing pain in my upper left testicle area and in the area at the base of my pelvis. I began experiencing the pain about 48 hours ago. (Incidentally shortly after sex) I also ran a cross country race in very slick conditions in the morning, and might have twisted or pulled something and not noticed it. It was sharp, and was made worse by walking, and was quite sensitive to the touch. I had epidiymitus last year, but the pain is different, their doesnt appear to be a swelling of the epidydimus, and I havent had any fevers or sick feelings. In the last twelve hours, a dark bruise has formed on the outer portion of the upper area of my scrotum. My question is should I be concerned about whats happening? Or should I simply take ibuprofin and wait for it to get better? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!

-Bernie
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:12 pm

User avatar Hi!

It is always good to check your problem with an expert. A surgeon or uroloist would probably help. The pain needn't be of the same quality as you once suffered in epididymitis. I still feel this could be another episode.

bill