Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Viagra impact on fertility?

sgogula - Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I am 31 and my wife 24 and we are trying to conceive a baby. I have been taking viagra for the last 1 year. I take 1 pill per week that would be enough to keep me happy for a week.

I am now desperate to become father and I am not sure if Viagra will have on impact on that?

I am reading these days that viagra would spoil the sperms, Is that true? Do you suggest any diet to increase the sperms?

If at all Viagra has an impact on sperms, how long does it last after consuming the pill? Is it as long as it woks on me?

Sorry for asking too many questions but i am very desperate and this is the right forum I found to take an advise from the experts.

Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:31 pm

There is no known effect on fertility when taking Viagra.

As for diet, it is recommended that you eat healthy food but aside from that, there is nothing dietary known to increase fertility. Smoking, alcohol and recreational drugs, including marijuana may have an adverse effect so it is a good idea to stop any bad habits too.