Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: 2 small white sores on vagina

shadeslover - Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi, i'm 16, about 7 stone(ish), i'm really healthy, i've never had any allergic reaction, and the only illnesses i've had are colds and the flu. A day ago i found two small sores that look like canker sores on the opening of my vagina on the soft moist tissue area. It can't be an std because i have never been sexually active, or even came close to be. At the moment i have the flu, and i did get a very high fever yesterday where i was sweating loads. The 2 sores only hurt when i wipe or touch them. i have looked on various sites to find out what they are and most say they are probably sores from blocked glands that should clear up on their own. This would make sense because of my high temperature and sweating but i am still unsure. I know i should tell my mum and go see my doctor but im scared and embarrassed. Please could you tell me what you think they are to put my mind at rest?

Thank-you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:56 am

User avatar Hello,
Since you are not sexually active, I think you can be fine to wait it out. Most likely your body will cure itself here and it could be a blocked duct, infected follicle or other cyst. At any rate I doubt it is serious. If in a few weeks it is still there or has gotten worse you should see a doctor for diagnosis and possible treatment. If you have itching or redness, unusual discharge with odor it could also be a bacterial or yeast infection causing sores, but in the absence of these symptoms I doubt that is the case.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us