Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Ridge under foreskin

zuchondro - Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:34 am

I am a 22 yr old male. Just a couple days ago, a hard ridge popped up under my inner foreskin running from one side to the other of my penis. To say the least, I'm a bit worried. The ridge doesn't hurt much at all and other then that, my penis functions fine. Could it be a case of Peyronie’s disease? I masturbate regularly but haven't had sex in over 6 months.

thanks ahead of time
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:02 pm

User avatar Hello,
If you are not noticing any deformity such as a sharp bend (classic with Peyonie's) you probably don't have it. You should probably wait and see if this resolves on its own. If you develop other symptoms, pain, etc. or you just have to know now, you should have an examination by a urologist. There are various non-emergency conditions that can result in such a ridge, including cysts, thrombosed veins, and benign tumors. You will not be able to diagnose yourself; nor can we diagnose from here of course.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us