Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: shooting blanks

mrcraigmack - Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:49 pm

ive been trying to get my we pregnant for a year now and i think im shooting blanks. without going to the doctor is here a wat to find out if this is true and what makes male shoot blanks and how can this be cured. thanks you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:00 pm

User avatar Hello,
There are home health tests for this and I do not know how reliable they are. According to internet sites, they claim to be effective. It might be a place to start, although you can have these done with a urologist and there might be a higher confidence level here.

As for treatment, there are some things that can help depending on the sperm analysis, if it shows abnormality because there are various factors involved, some of which can be helped medically.

Because there are two of you involved, either could have some condition preventing conception so your wife should also consult with her gynecologist about her concerns. A doctor can evaluate her ovulatory cycle.

Good luck in your efforts here.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us