Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Please help. (vaginal discharge)

babyyylc - Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 pm

Recently i was having alot of vaginal discharge. It was clear to a milky color but it did not have a bad smell. I thought it was a yeast infection because i was on alot of antibiotics at the time and i was under alot of stress(which i read can ause yeat infections.) so i bought a kit and it cleared up. Now i am having some brown discharge. I am a week -2 weeks away from my period. What does this mean???
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:09 pm

User avatar Hello:
You did not say whether this brown discharge had an odor or not. Slight bloody spotting can appear brown and at times occurs between periods due to hormonal fluctuations. However, if the discharge has an odor or you have symptoms such as pain or itching you should see a doctor for treatment. Unfortunately over the counter products for yeast infections do not always clear up the infection. If you are sexually active and have a yeast (fungal)infection, you can spread it to your partner. He may not show any symptoms but he can reinfect you during sexual intercourse. If this discharge lasts more than a few days you should consult a physician for treatment.
Thanks for using The Doctor's Lounge,
Carolyn