Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Please help. (vaginal discharge)

babyyylc - Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 pm

Recently i was having alot of vaginal discharge. It was clear to a milky color but it did not have a bad smell. I thought it was a yeast infection because i was on alot of antibiotics at the time and i was under alot of stress(which i read can ause yeat infections.) so i bought a kit and it cleared up. Now i am having some brown discharge. I am a week -2 weeks away from my period. What does this mean???
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:09 pm

User avatar Hello:
You did not say whether this brown discharge had an odor or not. Slight bloody spotting can appear brown and at times occurs between periods due to hormonal fluctuations. However, if the discharge has an odor or you have symptoms such as pain or itching you should see a doctor for treatment. Unfortunately over the counter products for yeast infections do not always clear up the infection. If you are sexually active and have a yeast (fungal)infection, you can spread it to your partner. He may not show any symptoms but he can reinfect you during sexual intercourse. If this discharge lasts more than a few days you should consult a physician for treatment.
Thanks for using The Doctor's Lounge,
Carolyn

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us