Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Pregnancy Percentage?

lilladyruk - Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:32 pm

I know my question is going to sound a bit typical and asked to many times to count, but I am very curious >.<. I am 20 years old and I normally get very regular periods ever so often maybe once a year I'll miss a month, but I got married last year and my husband and I had plan to have a baby. Initially we thought we were pregnant because I missed 1 months of my menstrual cycle and I took an HPT took 2 one in the morning and one in the evening. Both showed pregnant. We were going to go to a doctor, but seeing as I was on a very tight schedule so was he. We had made the appointment a month after we took the test. Before we went to see a doctor. The 3rd month I had gotten my period. We were a bit disappointed. We tried again and my last period was around December 19th 2007. In February I thought for sure I was getting my period because (sorry for the detailed description.) I went to the restroom and when I was wiping there was a streak of blood. I got a panti liner and put it on but surprisingly I didn't have my period. So afterwards I thought I might be a few days late. Through the whole month of February I didn't have my period at all. Now it's March 07, Yesterday I started bleeding and again I thought it might be my period and there were little clots of blood like I would normally see on a period but the thing is there isn't even enough blood to reach my panti. I can only see blood when I wipe myself. Throughout the month I've been feeling sudden nausea, migraines, abdominal and back pain. fatigue, huge appetite, I've also gain some weight, my breasts feel tender and sore every now and then. They have also grown. They grew 1 whole cup size in the last 2 months. I took another HPT today and it said Not pregnant. Is there still a possibility that I am pregnant even if the HPT says I am not?

and thank you for the patience in reading my post in advance. I really appreciate it.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:54 pm

It is possible you could be pregnant since some women's HcG levels are slow to rise, even in a viable pregnancy. You could get a serum (blood) test through your doctor. These are more sensitive. Since you do exhibit symptoms that are consistent with pregnancy, it seems likely, though I have seen it go either way.

licho - Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 pm

i had an ectopic three monthes ago and now i notice that my underwear look like they have been bleached in the croch i have look every where on line and can not find any thing that will tell me what it is... is this why i cant get prego? please please let me know
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:26 am

No, the discoloration of your underwear is a common problem and it has to do with discharge, blood and chemical changes but it is not an indicator of fertility or infertility.