Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: personal

pooh_okcu - Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:01 am

I would like to know what is the frequency of sex of a married couple.we are newly married couple and we just have sex may be in weekendss and sometimes may be once in 2 weeks,is theres anything wrong.is it normal that my husnband is not so interested in sex.i tried speaking to him,but he wont talk about it.i don't think he has any problems.the only thing is we are so busy and tired may be that makes him worn out.well i am worried too if it is normal or is it just me feeling this way!please do advise.
thankyou.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:48 pm

User avatar Dear pooh_okcu:
First of all there is no such thing as a normal number of times for a newly married couple to have sex. The amount of sex a couple enjoys depends on many different things. While it is true that younger ones often engage in sex more often than senior citizens it doesn't apply in all cases. You mentioned that both of you are busy and tired. While women are capable anantomically of having sex despite how they feel, men have to be able to have an erection to engage in sexual intercourse. The fact that your husband is tired but seems able to have sex on his days off (the weekends) shows that his tiredness is affecting his ability to get aroused. If he is unable to get an erection because he is tired then talking to him about it will only make him feel worse and could cause him to have self-doubts about his sexuality. This is turn can prevent him from being aroused when he isnt tired and so then you have a chronic problem. It goes like this...You nag, he cant get erect when tired, you nag more, he cant get erect when not tired. Then what you end up with is NO SEX. :roll: AS a nurse and a married woman of 35 years I can tell you the best advice is to be patient. Don't approach him when you know he is tired, and wait for him to approach you when he is rested. Showing him this consideration you may find brings you rewards. For you might find that you may or may not have sex more often but the sex you do have will be much better.
Thanks for using The Doctor's Lounge,
Carolyn

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us