Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Multiple Bumps on Penis

CWil4 - Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 am

I'm a 17 year old, healthy male. I'm not sexually active whatsoever. But the past couple of months I've noticed multiple bumps on the shaft of my penis, and some down by the base. The bumps can be felt under the skin. They're almost like pimples, which some can be popped, but I tend to leave them alone. I wash daily. They are not painful at all unless I attempt to pop one. When popped all i get is pus. They don't itch or burn either. Help would very much be appreciated. Thanks!

,CWil4
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:00 pm

User avatar Hello,
When you are not sexually active, you can rule out a number of alarming causes for noticeable penis bumps. There are a several bumps that are part of normal anatomy, including sebaceous cysts, which are swollen follicles under the skin that are whitish-pink-yellow in color, smooth, and are single or in groups. Another cause of bumps are called pearly penile papules. You don't need to worry about these unless they cause pain or itching, in which case you may have an infection that needs attention. Continue to leave them alone as you have been doing.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us