Question: Small bump on penis only during erection

baller31 - Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 am

A small bump appears on the side of my penis when I get an erection. It is painless and I can even move the bump around and kind of push it in.. After I ejaculate it eventually goes away... It only appears on the spot where I grab my penis when I masturbate... I have had it for a few months. It has no significant color... What should I do??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:41 am

Sweat glands may appear as lumps during an erection, so I suspect it is something like this and not anything to worry about. The normal penis can seem abnormal at times with various lumps, bumps, vein engorgement, etc. Of course if it bothers you, seeing a doctor can be wise if only for peace of mind.

baller31 - Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm

The bump is still there sometimes when it is not erect.. is that ok too?? The bump is not always there
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:58 am

User avatar I would not be worried, regardless of when it occurs.
 baller31 - Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:44 am

When can I expect it to go away? Is there anything that will help it go away?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:20 am

User avatar It may be part of your anatomy that is always there, but likely nothing to cause problems.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 am

User avatar Hello again,
One of my colleagues shared a bit of information with me. Apparently there is the possibility of trauma to the penis, which could even be caused by masturbation, that might result in a buildup of plaque. You may want to discuss this with your urologist to see if this is the case for you since the particular site in question is related to the spot you have repeatedly grabbed with masturbation. In this case I don't know if it will resolve on its own or even if it is of any long-term consequence.

Make an appointment with a specialist to be sure.

Best to you.