Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Premature Ejaculation linked with Hypospadius?

 pesufferer - Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:42 am

I guess it is premature ejaculation, but after about 10 secs of penetration I orgasm. However it is not a full orgasm and my penis remains fairly hard afterwards enabling me to keep going. Sometimes I will orgasm a second time and sometimes i won't. If I have a second orgasm it will be satisfying. More so, I don't experience P.E during oral sex, my penis performs normally. Just to let you know I had hypospadius as a child and had a penis reconstruction at birth with circumcision. Would this have anything to do with this problem? Can you suggest how to fix this problem, or who I should contact? Thanks in advance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:36 pm

User avatar Hello PEsufferer,

To my knowledge, hypospadias and its repair are not linked to premature ejaculation. There are a few PE treatments that may be helpful for you. The "squeeze technique" is one of the more effective methods. This method is basically retraining your body to gain control. With this method, just before ejaculation the penis is squeezed just below the corona (the rim of the head of the penis) until the urge subsides. This is repeated 3-4 times before allowing ejaculation. This is a slow process but over several months, most men gain better control.

If this is ineffective, there are some medications that can be used. These are prescription medicines so you'll need to see your doctor to discuss these if you would like them.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us