Forum Name: Fertility

Question: After a bilateral Salpingectomy....

BlissGirl4Life - Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Can you still get pregnant naturally even with no tubes left, or does it have to be by in vitro?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:44 pm

In Vitro would be necessary to achieve pregnancy.

mrs_h - Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:33 pm

I am a 31 year old married woman with 1 live birth, and 1 death. In 2006, I received a laparoscopy and found out there was scarring and blockage in both tubes. The doctors decided to sever off one tube completely because there was complete blockage. I was told that my other tube was 50% blocked and had scarring also. I''d like to have another child, but don't would like to know how likely my chances are. I am not in favor of in-vitro. Would another HSG be a waste of time? Also, I read an article where the portion of my tube that is scarred is removed and the good portions are sutured together. Would a case like mine be a candidate for such a procedure?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Even with 50% blockage there is still a good chance you could become pregnant and I would not consider taking action unless I had tried for a while without success first. You only need one egg to be fertilized and travel the tube. So, while I can't say what your particular situation is, it seems worth trying by the usual means and consulting with a gynecologist or fertility specialist for more details about your options should pregnancy not occur spontaneously.

Best wishes