Forum Name: Fertility

Question: i may be pregnant but i'm spoting and its not my period time

punky2489 - Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 am

i'm a lil worried cuz i may be pregnant .. only thing is i keep bleeding its more like spoting i've never done that ever and its not when i usualy have my period cuz its happening inbetween when i usualy have my period... i was wondering if was normal to spot if you may be pregnant its just really got me worried...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Spotting is very common in early pregnancy. All you can do is watch and see because it can be a sign of miscarriage in some cases. Even so, there is little to be done. If a miscarriage is imminent, we haven't found anything to really make a difference. Usually they occur because something is not developing properly with the fetus and we can't help that. If you start cramping and bleeding heavily, that is likely a miscarriage. Some continued spotting can still result in a healthy pregnancy.