Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility


 jf315 - Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:20 am

almiost 10 years ago I had a vasectemy, just recently we found out that she is pregnant, is ti possible that I have fathered a child after a vasectemy, if so how can i be tested to find out in elkhart indiana 46514
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
You can have a test with a urologist to be sure you are still sterile. These tests should have been done a couple of times following the vasectomy. They are quite reliable. If you have insurance, find a provider in your panel under urology as a specialty. If you do not have insurance, you can ask your family practice doctor for a referral or just look in your telephone book or ask a local hospital for a referral.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us