Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: PREGNANCY AFTER VASECTEMY

jf315 - Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:20 am

almiost 10 years ago I had a vasectemy, just recently we found out that she is pregnant, is ti possible that I have fathered a child after a vasectemy, if so how can i be tested to find out in elkhart indiana 46514
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
You can have a test with a urologist to be sure you are still sterile. These tests should have been done a couple of times following the vasectomy. They are quite reliable. If you have insurance, find a provider in your panel under urology as a specialty. If you do not have insurance, you can ask your family practice doctor for a referral or just look in your telephone book or ask a local hospital for a referral.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us