Question: Swollen under foreskin

CChild - Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm

hi am 18 yo. Just got home today from work (before seeing my girlfriend) while i was with her just hugging my foreskin was rolled back i was slightly uncomfortable, i was like this 4 a good hour (in the freezing cold). When i got home i went to pull my foreskin back over the head of my penis but i noticed under it was swollen. It doesn't hurt in anyway at all, it feels really soft and looks as though liquid is underneath. I've waited about 20 minutes for it to go backdown but am getting worried. My penis was fine about 3 hours ago. Is this anything to worry about?

Many thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 pm

User avatar Hello CChild,

If everything is fine now, it is likely nothing to worry about. In the future, if your foreskin becomes trapped behind the head of your penis and you cannot bring if forward you need to see your doctor right away because this can cause poor circulation, which leads to swelling and subsequently cutting off more circulation. This process spirals on itself and can do major damage if not corrected quickly.