Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Swollen under foreskin

CChild - Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm

hi am 18 yo. Just got home today from work (before seeing my girlfriend) while i was with her just hugging my foreskin was rolled back i was slightly uncomfortable, i was like this 4 a good hour (in the freezing cold). When i got home i went to pull my foreskin back over the head of my penis but i noticed under it was swollen. It doesn't hurt in anyway at all, it feels really soft and looks as though liquid is underneath. I've waited about 20 minutes for it to go backdown but am getting worried. My penis was fine about 3 hours ago. Is this anything to worry about?

Many thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 pm

User avatar Hello CChild,

If everything is fine now, it is likely nothing to worry about. In the future, if your foreskin becomes trapped behind the head of your penis and you cannot bring if forward you need to see your doctor right away because this can cause poor circulation, which leads to swelling and subsequently cutting off more circulation. This process spirals on itself and can do major damage if not corrected quickly.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us