Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Erectile Dysfuntion in a 20 Year Old

firekid1239 - Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:19 am

I am a 20 year old who cannot get and maintain a decent erection. I have always had this problem as far back as I can remember. I have only had sex a few times and each time was a nightmare. I have a strong sex drive, I have the want and desire, I am just unable to get an erection hard enough to penetrate my girlfriend. Even during masturbation, I can get a hard erection. It only take me about 5 minutes to orgasm and ejaculate while masturbating, but when I have sex with my girlfriend it takes maybe 30 seconds. I know my girlfriend is dissapointed with ym performance even though she does not show it. I would be inclined to think that it is something psychological, but like I said, I have had this problem my whole life. I do not have much anxiety about performance, and I always get into bed with her with strong hopes that things will work better. I tend to think that it may be something physical, but of course I'm not a doctor. Somebody help me! I cannot consult my local MD because I do not have insurance and do not have the money for the visit.
 lorenzzo03 - Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 am

I am in the same boat as you are...I am 20 as well and sometimes i can maintain a good erection and sometimes no matter what i just cant stay hard. I have contemplated going to my doctor but thats almost out of the question and i don't know how safe herbal remedies are..so like you i am unsure of what to do

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us