Question: Erectile disfunction and pain in testicles

vdoming - Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:39 am

Hello.

I am 21 years old, still a virgin, though, have recently just became intimate with my partner. For about the past 4 months I haven't been able to maintain a an erection, if not at all... I didn't think much of it until we became intimate. I thought to myself perhaps then, it will erect. However, it did not. Right afterwards, I begin to feel a strong pain in my testicles. And I had just noticed unusual "lumps" in them too... I'm seriously fearing that I will never be able to perform intercourse or even produce offspring (not that I'm considering just yet). I've become embarrassed and do not want her to know of my condition... I have also read about ED and discovered that it could also be caused by a paranoia of sexual abuse linked to the past. This is true in my case, but I do not believe it is the cause of my problem. Also, I am more than concerned of the reason that my testicles are in pain and why they have lumps on them... Please tell me there is a cure to my condition...

Thank you.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:37 pm

User avatar Hi vdoming,
Testicular pain may be caused due to a variety of conditions. One that enters my mind when you describe "lumps" in general is varicocele. This particular condition is essentially enlargement of veins in the testical and has been often described as a feeling of a "bag or worms" so to speak. If you have not had a physical evaluation I would strongly suggest that you do so to identify the underlying factor. Diagnostic studies, i.e., an ultrasound can identify if this or another condition is responsible for your symptoms. Best wishes.