Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: dry skin around the testicles

 seventeen - Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:41 pm

I am an eighteen year old male virgin. The skin on my testicles has become very dry and can get very painful. Can you please tell me what I should wash my penis and testicles with and is there I can put on to moisturize and sooth the skin. Can you please help me thank you.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:18 pm

User avatar Hi seventeen,
There are many skin conditions that cause irritation in the genital area from dermatitis to fungal infections. If there is redness and itching involved it may be related to a fungal infection. I would encourage you to have an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor.
Best wishes.
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us