Question: Painful lump inside foreskin.

jamesb - Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:05 pm

I am 18 and been in 1 sexualy active relationship for the last two years but this came randomly one day without having sex for a few days.
I woke up one morning and my penis was feeling quite painful.... so i went into the bathroom and a spot was on my foreskin, on the head area with a white head on it so being a teeenager and all, i popped it.

I thaught nothing more of it and assumed (and still hoping) it is just going to go down like any other spot. The thing is its quite painful and uncomfortable. i checked the next day and there was only a clear liquid in it (just like a normal spot) but it feels as if the lump of the spot is inside the foreskin, not on top?
Or could it be a bite of somekind?

Its only been 2 days but im still worried. Any ideas?

Thanks, James
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 pm

User avatar Hi James,

There are a few possibilities for this. First, any time a blister is seen on the penis, one must consider herpes. Herpes can remain dormant for some time then emerge with blisters.

It is also possible that what you are seeing is due to a clogged pore or gland that has subsequently become enlarged due to a build up of fluid behind the obstruction. These can subsequently become infected as well.

If this is not improving I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.