Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Lump on Penis Shaft

mitsemaj - Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 am

I am a 40 year old male. I have noticed just recently that when my penis becomes erect I found small hard lump at the base of my penis shaft, on the top side. It not on the skin but on the shaft itself. When the erection subsides I notice it the lump gets smaller until when the penis is flaccid, I then cannot find the lump. Can you tell me what is happening and if its potentially serious and I need to get it checked. Thanks.
 mitsemaj - Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Actually, i can find it now when the penis is flaccid, its just a small hard bump but it is not changing in size. it is not sore or cause any pain, its been there for about 4 weeks now.
 adamdalg - Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, I can't help you with what it is but I can tell you I have the same thing. Just noticed it this evening and am online researching it. I am not sure why I ever research these things, I always feel worse after I do. So many things can go wrong with your body it's hard not to freak out. Anyhow, I have the exact same thing discribed and would be interested in hearing what you find out. If it remains for a couple weeks I will be doctor bound and will write anything I come up will.

Good luck
 bball55 - Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm

i have the same thing so if one of you figure out what this is please let me know.

thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us