Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Help: Red 'patch' on penis...

Tom_468 - Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:55 am

this is the closest forum i could find...

right well...about 2 days ago i noticed this: a red patch on the base of my penis. Its nt the small kind...you know like a pin prick...it looks more like blood under the surface of my skin. Its about half a cm in diameter, but doesnt hurt.
I am just worried what it could be.
any help shedding light on the situation woudl be appreciated...and as anyone would be...im quite worried.
thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:12 pm

User avatar Hi,
It sounds like this could be a cherry angioma. These are just blood vessel changes but are of no consequence. Other possibilities include friction caused redness, or an allergic reaction to some kind of contact. But either of these would probably be associated with some discomfort or itching.

There are many skin discolorations that are totally normal so I would not be overly concerned, but show it to your doctor when you go and sooner if you see any worrisome changes, discharge, etc.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us