Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Itching penis top and white discharge

jas71 - Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks the top of my penis has become very itchy, sore to touch the tip of my penis and I have had a thick white discharge from it, which has a very heavy smell, what would the reason be for this? How can I treat it?

I have recently been on holidays with my family to Thailand, I am only sexually active with my wife and have not slept with anyone else for years.

Regards

J
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:02 am

User avatar Hello,
One possibility is a yeast infection. These are easily treated with over-the-counter antifungal creams applied twice daily for a week. In this case your wife may also have symptoms - also easily treated. But, if you refrain from intercourse for a week until symptoms resolve you won't be passing it to her.

If you are in a committed, monogamous marriage, chances are good this is not a sexually transmitted infection.

If the antifungal doesn't do the trick and symptoms continue, it might warrant a trip to the doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us