Question: Itching penis top and white discharge

jas71 - Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am

Over the last couple of weeks the top of my penis has become very itchy, sore to touch the tip of my penis and I have had a thick white discharge from it, which has a very heavy smell, what would the reason be for this? How can I treat it?

I have recently been on holidays with my family to Thailand, I am only sexually active with my wife and have not slept with anyone else for years.

Regards

J
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:02 am

One possibility is a yeast infection. These are easily treated with over-the-counter antifungal creams applied twice daily for a week. In this case your wife may also have symptoms - also easily treated. But, if you refrain from intercourse for a week until symptoms resolve you won't be passing it to her.

If you are in a committed, monogamous marriage, chances are good this is not a sexually transmitted infection.

If the antifungal doesn't do the trick and symptoms continue, it might warrant a trip to the doctor.