Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Loss of pregnancy symptoms - impending miscarriage?

baileykbr - Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 am

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and had very very sore nipples until yesterday, they just went away. I was also exeriencing period like cramps and bloating until a few days ago. Right now I feel fine with no pregnancy symptoms and I am very concerned about it as I have read that losing pregnancy symptoms can indicate miscarriage. I am not spotting or bleeding at all. Is this normal as I am so early into the pregnancy, or is it more likely I am impending a miscarriage?
Thank you very any help or information you can give me. Thank you.

I am healthy, non smoker, 23 year old female.
I have had a missed miscarriage in the past - D&C July 2007
No history of illness
My mother has a hormonal imbalance - high estrogen and low progesterone, never had a miscarriage.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 pm

User avatar I apologize that it has taken so long to answer your question. By now you should know if the pregnancy is healthy or not. But, to answer anyway, this can be one possible sign of impending miscarriage but not definitely. In the absence of other symptoms such as cramping and bleeding, it would seem unlikely. Only a doctor can say for sure with ultrasound and/or hcg level evaluation.

baileykbr - Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:32 pm

Thank you very much for your reply anyway. Luckily things are great, my symptoms seemed to come and go a lot, and have now faded again as I enter the 2nd trimester. As I have miscarried in the past, every change feraked me out. I'm exstatic that things are going along just fine though. Thank you for your time.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 pm

User avatar Congratulations! I'm so glad things are progressing well for you. Let us know if we can be of assistance and next time it shouldn't take us so long.