Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: pragnancy...

 Martin - Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

I have a question and i don't really want to go to the doctor about it. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 1yr and 3months now. Im 16 and he's 17. I am generally quite responsible with the pill and contraception, however there have been quite a few times when i could have fallen pregnant, we went through a rough patch and i stopped taking the pill so when we got back together i wasnt protected for about a week and a half and there have been a few other times aswell. The thing is, of course i don't want a baby at this age but i am very worried that i might not be able to get pregnant. This has been worrying me for some time now, and i would just like to be sure if the is something wrong with either of us in that way.I know it sounds silly but i would rather be safe than sorry and catch something early on. I know we won't get much advice online but i was just wondering if anyone could give us a little bit of advice about this or even tell us what to expect if we were to go to the doctors.
Any information you could give would be highly appreciated.
Thanks very much.
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:18 pm

User avatar Hi!

I see that you are worried if you might have problems getting pregnant in the future. Usually, a couple is advised to have workup for infertility after a year long living together with unprotected sex. Hence, I would say that you begin worrying regarding this from then on. If you did get pregnant by then, you can do a urine pregnancy test from home when you miss a cycle.

Hope that helps.

 aryany - Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:29 am


me and my girl friend has un protected sex and i am worried she is pragnent now . its beeb 5 days and she has most of the symptoms that a pregnent woman has i wane know if we can stop this process befor its too late . i don't want her to take abortion as an option and i don't want her to wait till her next cycle , please help me in this one i need to know what to do as soon as possible .

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us