Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Girlfriend on same birth control pill but diff. brand?

mlstrm62 - Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:52 am

Hello. My girlfriend has been taking ortho tri cyclen for about three years now. She has always done well with her pills and she has had no problems using them. recently, when she went in to the clinic where she gets her birth control pills, the nurse(who has been giving her these birth control pills since she started) gave her a different birth control pill. The nurse told her not to freak out or anything because it was the same kind of pill just a different brand and in different packaging. My question is should the effectiveness of her birth control pills be altered in any way? Is there any reason to worry about these pills?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm

User avatar No need to worry, the formula should be the same and the effectiveness as well. Best wishes.