Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: loss of virginity- can it be identified easily?

doctoradvice - Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:59 am

I am 24.i had sex with my boyfriend(married), four to five times a year ago and the hymen was ruptured with bleeding. since i cannot continue my relationship with him in future, i need to get married with another guy as my parents wish. i still love him,but now i keep insisting him not to penetrate. every time we make love, we involve in foreplays especially fingering and oral sex.

I am planning to get married after two years. Will my loss of virginity be too obvious when i have sex with my husband after getting married? Is there any chance for the regrowth of hymen in two to three years of time? please advice me as i am too worried with my doubts on it.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Virginity is not easily detected even by specialists since the hymen can and often is ruptured for other reasons than sexual intercourse. Simply using tampons and basic physical activities can cause the hymen to break. It is a false belief that breaking the hymen on the wedding night is proof of virginity. Please do not worry about this. It will not regrow, though some women have what is called an "elastic" hymen and it appears intact even after sexual intercourse. Again, it is not a reliable indicator.

Good luck with your marriage and your sexual past need not be revealed unless you choose to do that or it makes a difference such as with sexually transmitted diseases.

Best wishes